- Highlight some science achievement in the Department.
- Create a pool of nice illustrations to use in our social media
- Encourage the connections between scientists and general audience for vulgarisation/outreach.
Topics of the Illustrations
- Lab sciences results (microscopy, results from bench, films…)
- Illustrations (can be models, theory concepts, science in general…)
- Photography (lab, equipment,…. except people)
- Undergraduate (TMM) and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, research associates, technicians and staff of the department.
- There is no limit of numbers of illustrations that can submit a participant (for the first Edition of the contest).
Submission Dates (2 contests per year)
- January 31st, 2017 = 1st Edition
- July 31st, 2017 = 2nd Edition
- The Communication Committee members will vote.
- Criteria used to select the winners: accuracy, originality, visual quality, information capacity...
- Winners of the First Edition
- One 1st prize of $200
- Two 2nd prizes of $100
- Electronic (JPEG)
- Resolution 300 DPI minimum
- Fill the Application Form (one per illustration).
- Send both documents (Illustration and Application Form) by email to Veronique Tremblay before the deadline.
Announcement of winner
- On website and Social Media, 30 days after the date of submission.
- Submission of an entry constitutes consent to use the participant’s name and illustration, including posting on the department website, related print and social media, without compensation.
- Entries must be composed of original, authentic, unpublished material and must be the sole property of the participant, not previously submitted in any other contest or publications of all sorts.