There are several resources and services available to you at the Faculty of Medicine, the University of Ottawa and the broader community. If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact one of several of the services below:
For Academic Difficulties
For problems relating to your academic progress, the following individuals and services are available to you:
- Program Academic Administrative Officers
- Program Directors: Dr. Nadine Wiper-Bergeron (CMM) and Dr. Johnny Ngsee (Neuroscience)
- Ms. Karen Littlejohn (Administrator, Graduate Studies)
- Student Academic Success Service (SASS) at uOttawa offers counseling and coaching
- Academic Accommodation through Access Services
- Student Academic Success Service (SASS) at uOttawa offers Career Counselling.
Mental Health and Wellness
- The Student Academic Success Service (SASS) offers services and resources to students in need. Counseling services to uOttawa students is available.
- Several resources are available off-campus for those experiencing mental health issues and those concerned about someone else. Please visit the SASS website for additional information.
- If you are experiencing mental health issues and require help quickly, help is available both on campus and off-campus. Please consult a list of services here.
- If you require immediate assistance, numerous community-based services are also available to you. If you require crisis support, contact Good2talk (bilingual service), a post-secondary student helpline.
- If you have immediate safety concerns please dial 613-564-5411 (on campus) or 911 (off campus)