Courses open to Special Students: Winter 2017
Registration will take place starting January 5, 2017
You may consult the course timetable at www.timetable.uOttawa.ca.
Please read the Registration Procedures below carefully; these
have been modified for the Winter 2017 session.
Definition of Special Student (Undergraduate)
Special students are persons allowed by the University to register for undergraduate courses, for credit or as auditors, without seeking a degree, diploma or a certificate from the University.
Please visit the special student page for additional information regarding:
- Admission requirements
- Special student categories
- General regulations
- Registration procedures
- Course changes or cancellation of registration
- Academic Records
- Student identification card
Detailed Registration Procedures
- Complete the Undergraduate registration form (special students) available online.
- Register at the appropriate location, depending on the special student category you are applying for:
- Personal interest:
Starting January 5, 2017, please register in person at InfoService, University of Ottawa, Tabaret Hall (TBT112), 75 Laurier Avenue East.
January 5, 2017 - Register in person at the Faculty of Medicine, department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 451 Smyth road, room 3206.
- Professional certification-Transfer of credits, upgrading, gifted students or students from Carleton University:
- Personal interest:
- Bring all necessary documents (transcripts, letters, etc.).
- Obtain approval to register in the course from the faculties concerned.
- Pay the required fees (consult your uoZone account).
|COURSE||SECTION||TITLE||DESCRIPTION & PREREQUISITE|
|D||Human Anatomy & Phsiology I||
An introduction to tissue and cell morphology, biochemistry of the cell and physiological concepts including diffusion, osmosis and membrane transport mechanisms. Anatomy and physiology of cardiovascular, blood, lymphatic and respiratory systems. Introduction to the control mechanisms: concepts of homeostasis, nervous and endocrine systems.
Prerequisite: OAC or 4U Biology. Previously ANP1101, ANP1303
|ANP1106||D||Human Anatomy & Phsiology II||
Anatomy of the skeleton, including the axial and appendicular skeleton. Anatomy and physiology of skeletal muscles of the trunk and limbs. Anatomy and physiology of the nervous system including receptors, the sensory and motor pathways, the lower and higher functions of the central nervous system.
Prerequisite: OAC or 4U Biology. Previously ANP1102
For more information please contact: Blanche Dinelle