Meridith Marks Day 2018
Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Registration from 7:45 am to 8:15 am)
Location: Ottawa Event and Conference Centre, 200 Coventry Road, Ottawa
Presented by: The Department of Innovation in Medical Education (DIME) In collaboration with the Office of Continuing Professional Development’s Faculty Development Program
Description: The event will showcase local research and innovations in Medical Education.
- Describe examples of innovations and research in education
- Identify others engaged in educational scholarships
- Select opportunities for disseminating their own work in education
Plenary Speaker: Dr. Jonathan Sherbino (BSc, MD, MEd, FRCPC, FAcadMEd)
- Diagnostic Reasoning: Can you trust your gut or are you biased?”
- Describe the Dual Process Model of Reasoning
- Explain emerging evidence that emphasizes the role of experience in decreasing error
- List potential interventions to decrease diagnostic error among novices.
For further information: please contact:
- (613)562-5800 ext. 8092