Meridith Marks Day 2018
Date: Friday, April 6, 2018
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Registration from 7:45 am to 8:15 am)
Location: Ottawa Event and Conference Centre, 200 Coventry Road, Ottawa
Presented by: The Department of Innovation in Medical Education (DIME) In collaboration with the Office of Continuing Professional Development’s Faculty Development Program
Description: The event will showcase local research and innovations in Medical Education.
- Describe examples of innovations and research in education
- Identify others engaged in educational scholarships
- Select opportunities for disseminating their own work in education
Meridith Marks Day 2018 - Program of Events (to come...)
Plenary Speaker: Dr.Jonathan Sherbino (BSc, MD, MEd, FRCPC, FAcadMEd)
- Diagnostic Reasoning: Can you trust your gut or are you biased?”
- Describe the Dual Process Model of Reasoning
- Explain emerging evidence that emphasizes the role of experience in decreasing error
- List potential interventions to decrease diagnostic error among novices.
- Faculty Members and Support Staff - $310 + HST (early bird)
- Faculty Members and Support Staff (Contributing departments) - $260 + HST (early bird)
- Trainees (e.g. Students, Residents, Fellows) - $105 + HST
**Please note: Early bird registration for Faculty Members and Support Staff will end after March 18, 2018. The price will increase by $55 after this date**
- Coming soon...
For further information: please contact:
- (613)562-5800 ext. 8092