To apply to the Residency Program at uOttawa, you must complete your application through the Canadian Residency Matching Service (CaRMS).
To be considered eligible for the program, you must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- You are a Canadian medicine graduate, or United States medicine graduate who has obtained or is in the process of obtaining a medical degree by July 1 of the match year.
- You are a graduate of a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) accredited school, or a school of osteopathic medicine and you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
Choosing a Program Stream
You may apply to any or all of the following family medicine streams:
We will only schedule one interview. Your interview scores will apply to all streams.
If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an invitation via email in late December. Interviews are mandatory, as they allow the program to rank applicants and make a final decision. Your email invitation will ask you to choose your preferred interview date. Interviews are normally scheduled the last week of January and the first week of February.
You do not need to have completed a site elective in Ottawa to be selected for an interview.
The second iteration of interviews is open to all applicants who:
- Do not match in the first iteration;
- Possess previous postgraduate medical training; and/or,
- are International Medical Graduates.