What We Offer
We offer support to scientists and residents, including:
- Project budget planning;
- Database development;
- Data entry and validation;
- Data form creation (paper or electronic);
- Health economic analysis;
- Human resource needs assessment;
- Refining research questions;
- Research ethics board consultation;
- Sample size calculations;
- Statistical analysis;
- Study design and methodology; and,
- Study logistics.
A member of the Academy of Scientists sits on each trainee’s supervisory committee. A number of our scientists are affiliated with the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences(ICES). Residents may have the opportunity to work with health administration data.
We support our residents with a full range of academic activities, including:
- Academy of Innovation in Medical Education (AIME) rounds (located at the Faculty of Medicine);
- Bruyère Research Institute Journal Club;
- Bruyère Research Institute summer research mini-series;
- CTLC Research in Progress (RIP) rounds;
- Clinical Epidemiology seminars;
- Epidemiology departmental seminars; and,
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute seminars.
We encourage residents to present once annually at the CTLC RIP rounds and/or at a Journal Club meeting.