Assisted Reproductive Technology
Assessor for the College of Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Jeff Haebe obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of Toronto. He then completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Manitoba. After finishing his subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Western Ontario, he started his practice at the Ottawa Hospital in 2001. He has subsequently undertaken a Clinical Traineeship in Gynaecologic Ultrasound at the University of Lund in Malmo, Sweden.
Dr. Haebe is currently an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Ottawa and an attending physician at the Ottawa Hospital. He is a consultant and a founding partner of the Ottawa Fertility Centre, and the Head of the Ottawa Fertility Centre Ultrasound Unit. He is certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is also certified in obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. He is an active member of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society, the Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals, and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. He is a Peer Assessor and an Infertility Specialist Reviewer for the College of Physicians and Surgeon of Ontario.
Dr. Haebe’s practice includes all areas of reproductive care, with particular interest in pelvic ultrasound and infertility. He has worked extensively to introduce the latest ultrasound-based diagnostic tests and procedures into clinical practice in Ottawa. He has been an invited speaker at local and national meetings and conferences.
- Haebe J, Kredentser JJ. New insights into estrogen’s role in human folliculogenesis. Obstet Gynaecol Can 1998;20(12):1140-51.
- Vilos GA, Haebe J, Crumley TL, Maruncic MA, King JH, Denstedt JD. Serum biochemical changes after laparoscopy may be indicators of bladder injury. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 2002;8(2):285-90.
- Vilos GA, Vilos AW, Haebe JJ. Laparoscopic findings, management histopathology, and outcome of 25 women with cyclic leg pain. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002;May 9(2):145-51.
- Haebe J, Martin J, Tekepety F, Tummon I, Sheperd K. Success of intrauterine insemination in women 40-42 years old. Fertil Steril 2002;78(1):29-33.
- Tanphaichitr N, Haebe J, Leader A, Carmona E, Harris J, da Silva S, Antues T, Chakrabandhu K, Léveillé M. Towards a more precise assay of sperm function in egg binding: Which ART is best suited for treating male infertility. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2003;25(6):461-70.