- Quality Management
- Former President, CFAS
- Recognized leader in Assisted Reproduction
Office Extension 510
Dr. Marie-Claude Léveillé completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and then earned her PhD in Clinical Sciences, both at the University of Montreal. Having completed her fellowship training in Reproductive Biology at the University of Western Ontario, she joined the Fertility Centre at the Ottawa Hospital in 1988.
Dr. Léveillé is currently an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Ottawa, an Affiliate Investigator at the Ottawa Research Institute and the Scientific Director of the Ottawa Fertility Centre. She is also a surveyor for the Accreditation Canada. She is a founding member of the ART Lab Special Interest Group of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society, and was its President from 2011 to 2012. She is also an active member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, the Alpha International Society of Scientists in Reproductive Medicine and the Society for Study of Reproduction.
Dr. Léveillé has received awards for excellence for the development of IVF standards for use in accreditation of assisted reproductive technology laboratories in Canada, and for research in reproductive biology. She has been an invited speaker at both national and international meetings and conferences. She has served as a member of various expert working groups for the federal government on all aspects of assisted human reproduction. She was also a member of the Research Ethics Committee at the Ottawa Hospital from 2000 to 2003.
Dr. Léveillé’s expertise includes quality assurance and all laboratory-related areas in assisted human reproduction. She is involved in the development of professional standards for ART laboratories and is collaborating with scientific colleagues on studies to improve assisted reproductive technologies.
- Choi B., Bosch E., Lannon B.M., Léveillé M.-C., Wong W.H., Leader A., Pellicer A., Penzias A.S., Yao M.W.M. Personalized prediction of first-cycle IVF success. Fertil. Steril. (in press 2013).
- Sylvestre E.-L., Robert C., Pennetier S., Labrecque R., Gilbert I., Dufort I., Léveillé M.-C., Sirard M.-A. Evolutionary conservation of the oocyte transcriptome among vertebrates and its implications for understanding human reproductive function. Mol. Hum. Reprod. (advance access February 3, 2013).
- Hamel M., Dufort I., Robert C., Léveillé M.-C., Leader A., Sirard M.-A. Identification of follicular marker genes as pregnancy predictors for human IVF: new evidence for the involvement of luteinisation process. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 16(8), 548-556, 2010.
- Wen S.W., Leader A., White R., Léveillé M.-C., Wilkie V., Zhou J., Walker M. A comprehensive assessment of outcomes in pregnancies conceived by in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic injection. Eur. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Reprod. Biol. 150(2), 160-165, 2010.
- Hamel M., Dufort I., Robert C., Léveillé M.-C., Leader A., Sirard M.-A. Genomic assessment of follicular marker genes as pregnancy predictors for human IVF. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 16(2), 87-96, 2010