Our busy inpatient service provides consultations and ongoing care to infants, children and youth with infections who are admitted to medical, surgical, critical care and neonatal intensive care units. Given our diverse population and the types of clinical programs at our hospital, our practice includes the care of children with infections related to primary and acquired immunodeficiencies, immunosuppressant therapies and global travel, in addition to routine childhood infections requiring secondary and tertiary care.
- 60-70 new consults per month
- Daily microbiology lab rounds
- Weekly divisional clinical rounds improves continuity of care, ensures consistency in approach and enhances our evidence-based approach to care.
We have an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program in the PICU and are expanded to the medical wards.
We have over 2,200 outpatient clinic visits per year. Our ambulatory clinics include, but are not limited to:
- General infectious diseases
- Home IV therapy
- Primary immune deficiencies
- International adoption
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) prevention