At uOttawa’s PGME program,
- we offer 72 programs that lead to certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and 3 AFC programs;
- we are home to 1,100 trainees. We accept:
- Upwards of 197 first-year residents enter our programs through the Canadian Residency Matching Service (CaRMS) process annually;
- Upwards of 200 fellows both from Canada and abroad;
- Up to 150 foreign trainees from around the world;
- 350 elective requests each year.
- training in a Francophone milieu is offered in many programs at l’Hôpital Montfort;
- we provide opportunities to focus on research and educational initiatives as well as fellowships through our generous awards and grants program;
- we offer unique training opportunities at our partner universities, l’Université de Lyon (France) and the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China).
Residents and fellows at the Faculty of Medicine train with internationally renowned health care experts in world-class settings at our partner health centres and research institutes.
Partners and Affiliates
- Bruyère Continuing Care
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Hôpital Monfort
- Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- The Ottawa Hospital