Mini Medical School
Mini Medical School is a popular and ever growing concept being offered all over Canada and the United States for the public. It is an innovative and entertaining series of lectures on medicine and health that are 'just like going to medical school' (but without the long hours and hard work!) You won’t get a license to practice medicine but you will learn a tremendous amount. You will leave the end of the six week series a more educated consumer of the health care system.
The University of Ottawa has designed a Mini Medical School program to stimulate and satiate your curiosity about the human body and the many health issues we face as a society. It combines the basic sciences (anatomy, physiology) with clinical cases in each lecture so participants can experience 'being a doctor.' Come and join our University's best professors as they highlight their expertise in their informative and entertaining lectures.
- Itching to learn more about the human body and its amazing intricacies?
- Ever wonder what makes your body tick?
- Interested in learning more about medical terminology and how to speak to your personal physician?
- Want to hear about current and local research initiatives on health issues?
- Wish you had had a chance to go to medical school?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then "Welcome to Mini Medical School at the University of Ottawa!" The University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine and its Office of Continuing Professional Development are proud of the success of its programs which have been held each Spring and Fall since 2004. Over 2000 people have now "graduated" from our Mini Medical School.