The Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME) Program at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine is ranked as one of the top medical programs in Canada through the accreditation process governed by the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC).
Our highly regarded bilingual curriculum attracts students from across the country as it offers a variety of learning methods,
including electronic media, self-study, lectures, laboratories and case-based learning. We are fully engaged in working toward the University’s goals as identified in Destination 2020, specifically focusing on enhancing the student experience while maintaining our support for bilingualism, research and internationalization.
To achieve these goals, we will focus on:
- Ensuring our continued accreditation success by maintaining the standards expected of a top-rated medical school;
- Maintaining the best experience possible for our students by continuing to provide support and superior customer service;
- Creating opportunities to increase the amount of funding available for our students through awards and bursaries.
- Developing evidence-based pedagogical techniques for curriculum content and development; and
- Increasing the level of accountability on MD Program outcomes with emphasis on social accountability.
Melissa Forgie, MD, FRCPC, MSc (Clin. Epi.)
Vice-Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education