To develop a better understanding of international health:
- To learn about health-care in lower technology societies;
- To become involved in a cultural exchange;
- To use the knowledge gained about other cultures in order to develop a better understanding of Canada's multicultural population;
- To develop technical skills;
- To encourage contemplation of a career in International Health.
If you are planning to do an International Elective (clinical or research) you must keep in mind the long time frame required to set up the elective.
NOTE: If you are a 4th year student and wish to do an international research elective, you must first complete and submit (to your Liaison Office Year 4) a research elective application form (PDF) to obtain approval.