Welcome to the Student Affairs Office
Whether you are a new or returning student, we’re here for you!
Our goal is to support you in order for you to achieve personal and professional success during your medical studies at the University of Ottawa.
Visit the site and you will discover a comprehensive program of services and resources to help you maintain a healthy and positive life balance.
Better yet, come to see us in the office.
Our door is always open!
We understand the heavy demands of medical school so we do our best to offer initial appointments within 2 to 5 business days from your request date. We also try to accommodate your request to meet with a specific counsellor (francophone/anglophone, etc.).
If you have an emergency, we make every effort to provide same-day service.
To book an appointment, you can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Use our online booking system
- Telephone: Call or leave a message at 613-562-5800 x 8136 (Toll free: 1-877-868-8292 x8136)
- In person: 451 Smyth Road, RGN 2024
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to your first appointment in order to complete all the pre-counselling required documentation.
If you are unable to make it to your scheduled appointment, please advise us as soon as possible.
Our counselling services are offered to undergraduate medical students in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Sept. 1 to May 31: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Evening hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays until 7 p.m.
- June 1 to Aug. 31: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Evening hours: Thursdays until 7 p.m.
If you are in crisis and require immediate attention outside of our hours of operation, please contact the Crisis Line at 613-722-6914 (within Ottawa) or at 1-866-996-0991 (outside Ottawa).