Dr. Daniel Dubois MD, BSc, FRCPC
Dr. Daniel Dubois MD, BSc, FRCPC
Associate Program Director - CBD Lead and Assistant Professor
2018 John Bradley Young Educator Award, To recognize excellence and effectiveness in education in anesthesia, Canadian Anesthesia Society
2017 Certificate of Merit, To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools, Canadian Association of Medical Educators
2016 Undergraduate Teaching Award, In recognition of outstanding dedication and contribution to Undergraduate education, University of Ottawa, Canada, Ontario
2012 Chief Resident, Program Director - Dr. Robert Anderson, Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Canada
SCHOLARLY and PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Melody Afagh (Post-doctorate), Anesthesiology Innovations in Medical Education - Learning Case Platform, Principal Supervisor, Nov. 2017 -
- Yin Hui (Post-doctorate), Anesthesiology Using narrative feedback to explore trainees perspectives of CanMEDS roles in post-graduate anesthesiology training, Co-Supervisor, Jun. 2016 -
- Emma Harris (Post-doctorate), Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine Designing a curriculum blueprint for a competency-based anesthesiology foundations of discipline boot camp, Principal Supervisor, Jan. 2017 - Apr. 2018
Non-Refereed Chapters In Books
- Dubois D; Lui A; Persaud D. (2012). Regional Anesthesia. In Sullivan, P (Ed.), Anesthesia Primer (1st ed.). (In Press)
Refereed Journal Articles
- Fraser Amy B, Stodel Emma J, Jee Robert, Dubois Daniel A, Chaput Alan J. (2016). Preparing anesthesiology faculty for competency-based medical education. Canadian journal of anaesthesia = Journal canadien d'anesthesie.
- (2017). Designing a competency based program for anesthesiology. In Department of Innovations in Medical Education: Meredith Marks Day. Research Type: Educational Research
- (2016). Developing a CBD structured longitudinal curriculum to teach and assess the CanMEDS scholar role. In International Conference on Residency Education. Research Type: Educational Research
- (2016). Competence by Design: Lessons Learned. In International Conference on Residency Education. Research Type: Educational Research
- (2016). Designing a competency-based program for anesthesiology postgraduate training: Core of Discipline. In Canadian Conference on Medical Education.
- Dubois, Daniel. (2018). Implementation of CBD. Local Dr. Rick Hodder Critical Care Research Day, Ottawa. Research Type: Educational Research
- Dubois, Daniel. (2018). A Song of Ice and Fire: Implementation of CBD. Provincial Harold Griffith Visiting Professor, Montreal. Research Type: Educational Research
- Three Separate Presentations delivered through Visiting Professor Evening Lecture, Departmental Grand Rounds, and Residency Academic Half-Day
- Dubois, Daniel. (2018). A day in the life of CBD. Local Faculty Development, Ottawa.
- Dubois, Daniel. (2017). Lessons Learned in Competence by Design. Local, Ottawa, Canada.
- Naik, VN; Anderson R; Chisholm, J. (2017). Competency Based Medical Education: The New Normal. National / International Canadian Anesthesiology Society - Annual Conference, Niagara Falls, Canada.
- Dubois, Daniel. (2017). Clinical Case Assessment Tool: Improving Face-to-Face Feedback. Local Meredith Marks Day, Ottawa, Canada. Research Type: Educational Research
- Dubois, Daniel. (2017). Competency Based Anesthesia. Local Meredith Marks Day, Ottawa, Canada.
- Dubois, Daniel. (2016). Resident Seminar. Queen's University, Kingston, Canada. Research Type: Educational Research
- Dubois, Daniel; Stodel, EJ. (2016). Curriculum Mapping. Competence by Design, Toronto, Canada.
- (2015). Book Review: Complications and Mishaps in Anesthesia [Review of the book Complications and Mishaps in Anesthesia]. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, 62(4).