Dr. David Neilipovitz MD, FRCPC
Dr. David Neilipovitz MD, FRCPC
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Room: Chair & Head, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Past Chair, Section on Anesthesiology, Ontario Medical Association, Critical Care Lead, Champlain LHIN (Eastern Ontario), Consultant, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, The Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus, Room F202a, 1053 Carling Ave, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4E9
Tel.: 613-798-5555 ext. 16405
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Neilipovitz help developed the ACES program and he was one of the several founding members of the Canadian Resuscitation Institute (CRI); a non-profit organization dedicated to the education of health care professionals and the improvement of patient care. CRI was adopted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and now offers the ACES Course throughout Canada and internationally. The course has helped set the standard for medical simulation education in Canada. As a Department Head, Dr. Neilipovitz is now pursuing Physician Evaluation and Development.
|2014 - present||Past Chair, Section of Anesthesiology, Ontario Medical Association|
|2012 - present||Vice Chair, Section on Critical Care, Canadian Anesthesiology Society, Canada|
|2012 - present||Canadian Anesthesiology Society Board of Directors, Representative for Ontario, Canada|
|2011 - present||Department Head Critical Care Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|2011 - present||Champlain LHIN Critical Care Lead, Eastern Ontario, Canada|
|2007 - present||present Testamur Status, National Board of Echocardiography, United States|
|2006 - present||Associate Professor, University of Ottawa, Department of Anesthesiology, Ottawa, Canada|
|2001 - present||Attending Staff Consultant, Anesthesiology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|2001 - present||Attending Staff Consultant, Critical Care, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
Honours and awards
|2014||Guardian Angel Award, The Ottawa Hospital|
|2012||Guardian Angel Award, The Ottawa Hospital|
|2011||Guardian Angel Award, The Ottawa Hospital|
|2010||Guardian Angel Award, The Ottawa Hospital, Hospital award based on recognition by a patient's family or friends for compassion and care provided to their loved one. Physician, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|2006||Rachel Waugh Teacher of the Year, Anesthesia, University of Ottawa|
|1999||Gary Johnson Research Day, The Astra Award, University of Ottawa, Department of Anesthesiology, Anaesthesia Research Award for Top Research Presentation, Researcher, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|1994||Gold Medal of Medicine, Queen's University at Kingston, Top level for medicine in graduating medical class, Student, Kingston, Ontario, Canada|
|1994||W.W. Near and Susan Near Prize for highest standing overall, Queen's University at Kingston, Highest overall standing in graduating medical class, Student, Kingston, Ontario, Canada|
- Neilipovitz DT, Bryson GL, Taljaard M. STAR VaS - Short Term Atorvastatin Regime for Vasculopathic Subjects: A randomized, placebo-controlled, trial evaluating perioperative atorvastatin therapy in non-cardiac surgery. Can J Anesth 2012;59:527-37.
- Kanji S, Jones E, Goddard R, Meggison HE, Neilipovitz D. Efficiency and safety of a standardized protocol for intravenous insulin therapy in ICU patients with neurovascular or head injury. Neurocrit Care 2010;12:43-9.
- Kim J, Neilipovitz D, Cardinal P, Chiu M. A Comparison of Global Rating Scale and Checklist Scores in the Validation of an Evaluation Tool to Assess Performance in the Resuscitation of Critically Ill Patients during Simulated Emergencies. Sim Healthcare 2009;4:6-16.
- Chong PC, Greco EF, Stothart D, Maziak DE, Sundaresan S, Shamji FM, Neilipovitz D, McIntyre L, Hebert P, Seely AJ. Significant variation of both opinions and practice regarding perioperative fluid resuscitation. Canadian Journal of Surgery 2009;52:207-14.
- Neilipovitz DT, CrosbyE. No evidence for decreased incidence of aspiration after rapid sequence induction. Can J Anesth 2007;54:748-64.