Awards and Honours
9th Annual Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology (BMI) Awards
The Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology has created five named awards to honour past leaders in our department, reward exceptional and innovative research, teaching and service, and to strengthen our pride and ownership in our department. The namesakes of these awards all had a passion for discovery, a commitment to fostering curiosity in our students and a drive for excellence. These awards have been designed to reward recent success and innovation by faculty and students.
- Jean Himms-Hagen Research Award
- Denis Williamson Teaching Award
- Ken Dimock Exceptional Service Award
- Syed Sattar Student Awards (two MSc and two PhD)
- Michael W. McBurney Postdoctoral Fellow Award and Research Assistant Award (2)