Dr. Yevgeniya Le
Dr. Yevgeniya Le
Scientist, Radiobiology and Health, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Room: 286 Plant Rd. Rm. 216, Mail Stn. 51
Office: 613-584-3311 ext. 42796
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Le’s laboratory studies the effects of radiation on biological systems, specifically stem cells (SC), cancer stem cells (CSC); SC/CSC niches/microenvironment and implications in cancer development, progression, metastasis and therapy-resistance.
Currently, the laboratory focuses on the following projects: 1) studying effects of chronic and acute low-dose beta and gamma radiation on development, progression and metastasis of mammary cancer in transgenic in vivo mouse models; 2) studying effects of low-dose radiation on stem cell function and regenerative capacity; and 3) development of pharmaceutical radioprotectants for high-dose radiation exposures.
Students and postdoctoral fellows who are interested in the exciting fields of radiobiology and stem cell research are encouraged to contact Dr. Yevgeniya Le.
- Juliana Barrera-Hernandez, Jessie R. Lavoie, Mitchell Sabloff, Marjorie Brand, Michael Rosu-Myles, Yevgeniya Le*, David Allan*. Micro RNA profiling of exosomes from marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in patients with acute myeloid leukemia: implications in leukemogenesis. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports. In press, 2017.
- Yevgeniya Le, Wendy M. Toyofuku and Mark D. Scott. Immunogenicity of murine mPEG-red blood cells and the risk of anti-PEG antibodies in human blood donors. Journal of Experimental Hematology, 47:36-47 e.2, 2017.
- Yevgeniya Le, Richard B. Richardson, David S. Allan. Adipogenic mesenchymal stromal cells from bone marrow and their hematopoietic supportive role: towards an understanding of a permissive marrow microenvironment in acute myeloid leukemia. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, 12 (2), 235-244 (2016).
- Priya Chandran, Yevgeniya Le, Yuhua Li, Mitchell Sabloff, Jelica Mehic, Michael Rosu-Myles, David S. Allan. Mesenchymal stromal cells from patients with acute myeloid leukemia have altered capacity to expand differentiated hematopoietic progenitors. Leukemia Research, 39 (5), 486-493 (2015).
- Celine Akyurekli, Yevgeniya Le, Richard B. Richardson, Dean Fergusson, Jason Tay, David S. Allan. A systematic review of preclinical studies on the therapeutic potential of mesenchymal stromal cell-derived microvesicles. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, 11, 150-160 (2015).
- Richard B. Richardson, David S. Allan, Yevgeniya Le. Greater organ involution in highly proliferative tissues associated with the early onset and acceleration of ageing in humans. Experimental Gerontology, 55, 80-91 (2014).
- Yevgeniya Le and Mark D. Scott. Immunocamouflage of Latex Surfaces by Grafted Methoxypoly(Ethylene Glycol) [mPEG]: Proteomic Analysis of Plasma Protein Adsorption. Science China-Life Sciences 55 (3), cover feature, 191-201 (2012).
- Dana L. Kyluik, Troy C. Sutton, Yevgeniya Le and Mark Scott. Chapter 7: Polymer-Mediated Broad Spectrum Antiviral Prophylaxis: Utility in High Risk Environments. In: Progress in Molecular and Environmental Bioengineering-From Analysis and Modeling to Technology Applications (Editor: Carpi, A.) Intech, ISBN 978-953-307-268-5. pp. 167-190 (2011).
- Yevgeniya Le and Mark D. Scott. Immunocamouflage: The Biophysical Basis of Immunoprotection by Grafted Methoxypoly(ethylene glycol) [mPEG]. Acta Biomaterialia 6, 2631-2641 (2010).
- Jayachandran N. Kizhakkedathu, Johan Janzen, Yevgeniya Le, Rajesh K. Kainthan, Donald E. Brooks. Poly(oligo(ethylene glycol)acrylamide) brushes by surface initiated polymerization: Effect of macromonomer chain length on brush growth and protein adsorption from blood plasma. Langmuir 25, 3794-3801 (2009).
- Po Ying Yeh, Yevgeniya Le, Jayachandran N. Kizhakkedathu, Mu Chiao. An investigation of vibration-induced protein desorption mechanism using a micromachined membrane and PZT plate. Biomedical Microdevices 10 (5), 701 (2008).
- Johan Janzen, Yevgeniya Le, Jayachandran N. Kizhakkedathu and Donald E. Brooks. Plasma protein adsorption to surfaces grafted with dense homopolymer and copolymer brushes containing poly(N-isopropylacrylamide). Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition 15 (9), 1121-1135 (2004).