Deferring an Exam
What to do if you miss an exam
If you have to miss an exam due to illness, you must notify the course coordinator before the exam takes place. You also have 5 school days from the day of the exam to provide appropriate medical documentation indicating that you were seen by your family physician or by University Health Services on or before exam day and found to be too ill on exam day to write your exam. Only then will you be eligible to write a deferred exam. If you do not write the regular exam or deferred exams, you will obtain a zero for that section of the course, as the weight of exams cannot be shifted. You should familiarize yourself with the University’s academic regulations.
Spring/Summer 2021 Deferred Final Exams
The deferred final exam will be held on Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 9:00am - 12:00pm via Brightspace for the following courses*:
ANP1107 / ANP1507
PHA3112 / PHA3512
PHS4300 / PHS4700
*unless otherwise stated by the course coordinator/professor.
For more information, please contact:
- Always bring your student card to every exam.
- Know the course section you are registered in.
- During an examination, you must not have in your possession recording or communications devices that have not been previously authorized, including cellular phones. Turn off these devices and bring them to the front and/or back of the exam room as you would all other materials in your possession (backpacks, books, etc.). Students in possession of such devices will be subject to an accusation of academic fraud.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for an exam, you will not be allowed to write the exam. If this happens to you, report right away to the Office of Undergraduate Programs of the Faculty you are registered with.
- Examination timetable is posted on your Faculty website. Be sure to check and re-check the dates of your exams, as errors in reading the examination timetable are not acceptable reasons to defer an exam.
- At the start of the exam, one of the proctors will check your student card and ask you to sign the attendance sheet.
- At the end of the exam, one of the proctors will pick up your exam and/or exam booklet(s) and will indicate on the attendance sheet the number of exam booklets returned. Make sure that the correct number of exam booklets is indicated.