Courses Open to Special Students: Fall 2020
Registration will take place starting Tuesday, August 25, 2020. You may consult the course timetable.
Please read the Registration Procedures below carefully.
Definition of Special Student (Undergraduate)
Special students are persons allowed by the University to register for undergraduate courses, for credit or as auditors, without seeking a degree, diploma or a certificate from the University.
Please visit the special student page for additional information regarding:
- Admission requirements
- Special student categories
- General regulations
- Registration procedures
- Course changes or cancellations of registration
- Academic Records
- Student identification card
Online enrolment – Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at one-minute-past-midnight.
- If you are a new special student at uOttawa, see New Special Students – Eligibility for online enrolment (below) first.
- If you were enrolled at uOttawa or Saint Paul University as a special student at any time since January 2017, you can proceed directly to online enrolment. To do so, please log into uoZone
and click on the Enrol application.
- If you are in the Transfer of credits category, you cannot enrol online. See instructions on how to enrol in person below.
Improving academic standing category
If you would like to enrol as a special student in the Improving academic standing category, you need to contact InfoService before Monday, August 17, 2020 to create a special student file so you can enrol online as soon as enrolment opens.
All other categories
New special students (those who have never been enrolled at uOttawa or Saint Paul University) must fill out the personal identification form for undergraduate special students before Monday, August 17, 2020 in order to be able to enrol online as soon as enrolment starts. Once you’ve submitted this form, we’ll email you instructions on how to enrol.
Enrolment in person – Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- Fill out the undergraduate special student registration form. Sign it, and, depending on your special student category, bring it with you during the enrolment period to one of these two locations:
|COURSE||SECTION||TITLE||DESCRIPTION & PREREQUISITE|
|ANP1105||Human Anatomy & Physiology I||
An introduction to tissue and cell morphology, biochemistry of the cell and physiological concepts including diffusion, osmosis and membrane transport mechanisms. Anatomy and physiology of cardiovascular, blood, lymphatic and respiratory systems. Introduction to the control mechanisms: concepts of homeostasis, nervous and endocrine systems.
Prerequisite: OAC or 4U Biology.
For more information please contact: Christina Sardella