All potential users who are interested in running their own samples are required to go through training by University of Ottawa FCV Core Facility staff prior to receiving access to the facility. Our training seminar course in flow cytometry can also be provided to FCV Core Facility non-users. However, hands-on training on our instruments is only provided to FCV facility users.
All new users must first complete our training seminar and the online assessment before proceeding to hands-on training sessions on the cytometer. Users with prior flow cytometry experience, please contact the core facility.
New Users Training & Seminar:
All new users (Core Facility Acquisition users exempt) are required to attend the Introduction to Flow Cytometry Seminar/Webinar. To register refer to Infinity Idea Elan under Getting Started menu. Once you have logged into Infinity, follow the instructions below:
- User Options: select Schedule Instruments
- On the “Seminars” calendar, locate the upcoming seminar you wish to attend. (Note: If you cannot see the calendar for the instrument you want, click on the Instrument Filter drop down at the top of calendars page to see all instrument choices. Check the box beside “Flow Cytometry Seminars”).
- Click on the “Invite Users” icon on the existing seminar booking. Enter your user, lab, and account code information to add yourself to this seminar
Hands-On Training Request:
- You must have attended an Introduction to Flow Cytometry Seminar/Webinar and completed the online assessment (score 100%) prior to making this request.
- User Options: select Schedule Instruments.
- Check for availability on the calendar for the instrument you wish to use. If you cannot see the calendar for the instrument you want, click on the Instrument Filter drop down at the top of calendars page to see all instrument choices. Check all required calendars.
- Request a booking on the “Training/FPS” calendar by selecting time and filling out the information under the “Schedule” tab of the appointment creation window.
- Select Add-On Instruments drop down, and check the instrument required for training.
- In the Session Type drop down menu, select “Training”. Select the trainer in the drop down next to this.
- All fields indicated with * are mandatory for the booking.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the appointment creation window. Await confirmation by email.