Why acknowledge us:
- Core facility personnel are scientists. When they make a substantial intellectual and/or experimental contribution to a publication they deserve to be acknowledged just as any other co-author.
- The existence of core facilities depends in part on proper acknowledgements in publications. This is an important metric of the value of most core facilities. Proper acknowledgement of core facilities enables them to obtain financial and other support so that they may continue to provide their essential services in the best ways possible. It also helps core personnel to advance in their careers, adding to the overall health of the core facility.
When to acknowledge:
- Anytime the Louise Pelletier HCF provides services that support your research.
- If a staff member has made a significant intellectual contribution beyond routine services, please consider co‐authorship
Where to acknowledge:
- Papers, Posters, Presentations, Scholarly Reports, Publications and Grants
Format for the acknowledgement:
Example: “We gratefully acknowledge Histology/Imaging/Staining services provided by the Louise Pelletier HCF at the University of Ottawa.”
We request a copy of the publication in PDF format, so that we can keep track of successful research projects that were accomplished using the Core.
Publications with Acknowledgement and/or Authorship:
- Hurskainen, M. et al. (2021). Single Cell Transcriptomic Analysis of Murine Lung Development on Hyperoxia-induced damage. Nat Commun 12(1):1565.
- Cyr-Depauw, C. et al. (2021). Characterization of the innate immume response in a novel murine model mimicking bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Pediatric Research 89(4):803
- Gharibeh.L, et al.(2021). GATA6 is a regulator of sinus node development and heart rhythm. PNAS 118(1):e2007322118.
- Culliton, KN and Speirs, AD (2021). Sliding contact accelerates solute transport into the cartilage surface compared to axial loading. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2021.05.060.
- Watanabe, M. et al. (2021). Bone replaces unloaded articular cartilage during knee immobilization. A longitudinal study in rat. Bone 142. 115694.
- McCloskey, CW et al. (2020). Metformin abrogates age-associated ovarian fibrosis. Clin. Cancer. Res. 26(3):632.
- Zhou, H et al. (2020). Reversibility of marrow adipose accumulation and reduction of trabecular bone in the epiphysis of the proximal tibia. Acta Histochemica (122):151604.
- Kang, M. et al. (2020). A lung tropic AAV vector improves survival in a murine model of surfactant B deficiency. Nat Commun 11(1):3929.
- Modulevsky DJ, et al. (2016). Bicompatibility of subcutaneously implanted plant derived cellulose biomaterials. PloS One 11(6): e0157894.
- Zhang, Q et al. (2012). Mouse Nkrpl-clr gene cluster sequence and expression analyses reveal conservation of tissue-specific MHC-independent immunosurveillance. Plos One 7(12):e50561.
- Sandhu, JK et al. (2000). Neutrophils, nitric oxide synthase; mutations in the mutatect murine tumor model. Am J of Path. 156: 2(504).