Histology Core Facility Equipment
The Histology Core Facility is equipped with common equipment (for all users) and Core equipment (for staff only):
|Common Equipment||Room Number||Model Number|
|Cryostats||2210||HM 525 MX|
|3531||Leica CM 1850|
|3531||Thermo Scientific HM 525 NX|
|Microtomes||2210||Leica RM 2135|
Cleaning protocol for common equipment rooms:
Please note due to the COVID-19 situation, the following protocols have been implemented to ensure the safety of all users:
- Cryostat and microtome bookings are limited to one person per room.
- There will be a 15 min space between bookings to allow aerosols to settle.
- The technician assigned to open common equipment doors will be responsible for cleaning cryostats and microtome tools and surfaces.
The Histology Core will provide paper towels and 100% ethanol for cleaning the cryostat interior chamber, and 70% ethanol for cleaning tools and surfaces.
All users should spray the chucks, sliding window and handwheel handle with 70% Ethanol before and after each use.
Guidelines will be posted on site, and checklists for equipment cleaning will be made available.
How long can I book the equipment for?
Equipment can only be booked up to 1 week in advance and for no longer than 3 days in a row.
What supplies do I need to use the equipment?
Users must supply their own blades and chucks (cryostat use) when sectioning. Everything else is supplied in the rooms.
Core Equipment (Staff Only)
The Histology Core Facility is equipped with the following equipment:
- Leica Bond III Immunostainer for Automated immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and in situ hybridization staining
- 2 LOGOs Microwave Hybrid Tissue Processors
- 2 Leica Paraffin Embedding Stations
- 4 Leica RM2255 Automated Microtomes
- 2 Thermo Scientific Automated Cryostats
- 2 Slide Label Printers for small (SlideMate AS) and large (Leica I PS) work orders
- Leica CV 5030 Automatic Stainer and Coverslipper for Routine and Special Stains
- Milestone Histos 5 Rapid Microwave Histoprocessor for Antigen Retrieval
- Axio Scan Z1 Slide Scanner for both Brightfield and Fluorescent stained slides