Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PALM)
Louise Pelletier Histology Core Facility (LPHCF)
iLab Registration For New Clients
If you are already registered, use this link to login. For new clients, follow the instructions below to register:
As of June 1st, 2016 the Histology Core Facility (HCF) at the University of Ottawa implemented the online iLab system to streamline the process of service requests, invoicing of clients, tracking of training requests and usage of equipment as part of Histology Core Facility services. The iLab system optimizes the processing of service requests and improves turnaround times for Internal, External and Commercial clients.
The iLab System allows:
- Requesting of Histology Core Facility services
- Following your service requests through to completion
- Scheduling of cryostats and microtomes for cross-training and common use
Follow the Instructions Below for New Client Registration:
- Create a username and password by registering for an account with iLab.
- This username and password will be used for BOTH online and in person requests, and equipment booking and/or training.
- You will receive a password within 24 to 48 hours of registration. If you do not, please contact iLab: iLabfirstname.lastname@example.org
- To register for an account:
Navigate to the sign-up page
- You will be directed to an iLab Registration page where you will need to select
your PI/Lab and verify your contact information.
Please use your uOttawa or institutional email addresses for registration.
- Once your registration has been submitted, you or your PI will receive an email
notification that you have requested membership in iLab. For students the PI is
required to approve the iLab membership. You will receive an email once this has been
Important: Do not leave registration to the last minute as your iLab username and password will be needed for everything from booking your time online to requesting Histology Services!
Instructions for Principle Investigators with Students Registering in iLab:
Approve the requested membership of the student user in your laboratory
- You will receive an email from iLab to confirm your registration and approval emails will follow to register the users under your supervision.
- You will have to approve the amount which each user can spend. You can set a maximum spending cap for each user.
More detailed instructions are available in the customer manual. For any questions not addressed in the manual, click on the “leave iLab feedback” link in the upper right hand corner or contact: iLabemail@example.com