Digital Whole Slide Scanning
The Core Facility has recently acquired the Zeiss Axio Scan.Z1 Slide Scanner which provides high quality, reproducible images using Zeiss' superior optics. Its features include:
- Brightfield capabilities (i.e.H&E, IHC, and Special Stains)
- Fluorescent capabilities (Fluorescent filters include DAPI, FITC, DsRed, Cy5 and Cy7)
- High resolution scanning using either a 20X or 40X objective
- Capable of scanning up to 100 slides
Please note the scanner uses the Zen software. Click here to download Zenlite to view your images.
How do I submit my slides for scanning?
All slide scan requests must be done through iLab, our online management system. Please bring a USB key or hard drive when dropping off the slides for scanning.
How do I prepare my slides for scanning?
- For fluorescent scanning of slides with multiple sections, please circle each section with a sharpie before dropping off the slides for scanning
- Slides should be dry and free of excess mounting media
- Any broken or chipped slides will not be scanned
- Slides with air bubbles or dried out mounting media must be re-coverslipped before scanning
- Poorly stained slides or slides without a counterstain will not be of standard quality and may be rejected by the scanner