Dr. Michelle Chiu
- Chiu, M., Posner, G., & Humphrey-Murto, S. (2017). Foundational Elements of Applied Simulation Theory: Development and Implementation of a Longitudinal Simulation Educator Curriculum. Cureus, 9(1).
- Chiu, M., Tarshis, J., Antoniou, A., Bosma, T. L., Burjorjee, J. E., Cowie, N., ... & Fisher, R. (2016). Simulation-based assessment of anesthesiology residents’ competence: development and implementation of the Canadian National Anesthesiology Simulation Curriculum (CanNASC). Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d'anesthésie, 63(12), 1357-1363.
- Stodel, E. J., Wyand, A., Crooks, S., Moffett, S., Chiu, M., & Hudson, C. C. (2015). Designing and implementing a competency-based training program for anesthesiology residents at the University of Ottawa. Anesthesiology research and practice, 2015.
Dr. Melissa Duffy
- Duffy, M. C., Lajoie, S., & Lachapelle, K. (2016). Measuring emotions in medical education: Methodological and technological advances within authentic medical learning environments. In S. Bridges, L. K. Chan, & C. E. Hmelo-Silver (Eds.) (pp. 181-213). Educational technologies in contextual learning: Research in health professions education. Switzerland: Springer.
Duffy, M. C., Azevdeo, R., Sun, N., Griscom, S. E., Stead, V., Crelinsten, L., Wiseman, J., Maniatis, T, & Lachapelle, K. (2015). Team regulation in a medical emergency: An in-depth analysis of cognitive, metacognitive, and affective processes. Instructional Science, 43, 401-426.
Duffy, M. C., & Azevedo, R. (2015). Motivation matters: Interactions between achievement goals and scaffolding for self-regulated learning within a multi-agent intelligent tutoring system. Computers in Human Behavior, 52, 338-348.
Dr. Safaa El-Bialy
- El Bialy S, Ayoub AR. The trends of use of social media by medical students. Education in Medicine Journal. 2017; 9(1): 59–68.
- EL Bialy, S. 2016: the 3 D Printing Age and Basic Sciences Education. Education in Medicine Journal. 8(4):79-82.
- EL Bialy, S. Jalali A. 2015:Go Where the Students Are: A Comparison of the Use of Social Networking Sites Between Medical Students and Medical Educators. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 1(2):1-7.
Dr. Chris Ramnanan:
- Amath A, Ambacher K, Leddy JJ, Wood TJ, and Ramnanan CJ. (2017) Comparing alternative and traditional dissemination metrics in medical education. Med Educ, in press.
- Ramnanan CJ and Pound LD. (2017) Advances in medical education and practice: student perceptions of the flipped classroom. Adv Med Educ Pract 8: 63-73. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28144171
- Bandaeli S, Chiang A, and Ramnanan CJ. (2017) MedTalks: Developing teaching abilities and experience in undergraduate medical students. Med Educ Online 22(1): 1264149. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28178910
- Hughes JDM, Azzi E, Rose G, Ramnanan CJ, and Khamisa K. (2017) A survey of senior medical students’ attitudes and awareness toward teaching and participation in a formal clinical teaching elective: a Canadian perspective. Med Educ Online 22 (1): 1270022. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28178914
Dr. Claire Touchie
- D. Pugh, A. De Champlain, M. Gierl, H. Lai, C. Touchie. Re-conceptualizing an approach to the development of quality multiple-choice questions. Medical Teacher, 2016, Early on-line DOI: 10.3109/0142159X.2016.1150989
- C. Touchie, O.T. ten Cate. The promise, perils, problems and progress of competency-based medical education. Medical Education, 2016; 50:93-100
- O.T. ten Cate, D. Hart, F. Ankel, J. Busari, R. Englander, N. Glasgow, E. Holmboe, W. Iobst, E. Lovell, L.S. Snell, C. Touchie, E. Van Melle, K. Wycliffe-Jones. Entrustment Decision Making in Clinical Training. Academic Medicine, 2016; 91:191-198, DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000001044