Dr. Warren Cheung MD, MMed, FRCPC
Dr. Warren Cheung MD, MMed, FRCPC
Associate Director of Education Innovation, Director of Assessment, RCPSC Competence Committee Chair and Assistant Professor
MD, MMEd, FRCPC
- University of Toronto, 2009
- University of Ottawa - RCPSC, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, 2014
Fellowship / Postgraduate Training
- Masters in Medical Education, University of Dundee, 2016
- Education Research Fellow, University of Ottawa, Academy for Innovation in Medical Education, 2015
- Healthcare Education Scholar, University of Ottawa, Academy for Innovation in Medical Education, 2013
Formal Roles in the Department
- Director of Assessment
- Chair, Clinical Competency Committee
- Junior Clinical Research Chair in Medical Education
- Spending time with family
- Keeping up with the latest in mobile technology
- Hiking, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball
- Cheung WJ, Patey A, Boet S, Mackay M, Frank JR. Barriers and Enablers to Direct Observation of Clinical Performance – A Qualitative Study Using the Theoretical Domains Framework. Acad Med 2018 Aug 7 (Epud ahead of print)
- Fernando SM, Cheung WJ, Choi SB, Thurgur L, Frank JR. Faculty Mentorship During Residency and Professional Development Among Practicing Emergency Physicians. CJEM 2018 Apr 10:1-8. (Epub ahead of print)
- Stiell IG, Scheuermeyer FX, Vadeboncoeur A, Angaran P, Eagles D, Graham ID, Atzema CL, Archambault PM, Tebbenham T, deWit K, McRae AD, Cheung WJ, Deyell MW, Baril G, Mann R, Sahsi R, Upadhye S, Clement C, Brinkhurst J, Chabot C, Gibbons D, Skanes A. CAEP Acute Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter Best Practices Checklist. CJEM. 2018; 20(3):334-342.
- Cheung WJ, Dudek NL, Wood TJ, Frank JR. Supervisor-Trainee Continuity and the Quality of Work-based Assessments. Med Educ. 2017;51(12):1260-8.
- Frank JR, Cheung WJ, Sherbino J, Primavesi R, Woods RA, Bandiera G, LeBlanc C. CAEP 2016 Academic Symposium: How to Have an Impact as an Emergency Medicine Educator and Scholar. CJEM. 2017 May;19(S1):S16-S21.
- Cheung WJ, Dudek N, Wood TJ, Frank JR. Daily Encounter Cards – Evaluating the Quality of Documented Assessments. J Grad Med Educ 2016;8(4):601–4.
- Cheung WJ, Rosenberg H, Vaillancourt C. Barriers and Facilitators to Intraosseous Access in Adult Resuscitations When Peripheral Intravenous Access Is Not Achievable. Acad Emerg Med. 2014;21(3):250–6.
- Cheung WJ, Cload BWA, Kubelik D. Why is my Arm Swollen ? CJEM. 2013;15(2):116–8.
- Rosenberg H, Cheung WJ. Intraosseous Access. Can Med Assoc J 2012;185(5):E238.
- Cheung WJ, Kent MH, El-shahat E, et al. Central and Peripheral Renin-angiotensin Systems in Ouabain-induced Hypertension. Am J Physiol - Hear Circ Physiol 2006;291(2):H624–30.
- Huang BS, Cheung WJ, Wang H, Tan J, White RA, Leenen HH. Activation of Brain Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone System by Central Sodium in Wistar Rats. Am J Physiol - Hear Circ Physiol 2006;291(3):H1109–17.
- Junior Clinical Research Chair in Medical Education, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, 2016-2019
- International Conference on Residency Education JGME/Royal College Top 3 Research Papers, Niagara Falls, ON, 2016
- Best Oral Presentation, Meredith Marks Medical Education Research Day, Ottawa, ON, 2016
- DEM RCPSC Resident Educator of the Year Award, 2013
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence, University of Ottawa, 2013