Dr. Debra Eagles MD, MSc., FRCPC
Dr. Debra Eagles MD, MSc., FRCPC
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Ottawa Assistant Professor, School of Epidemiology and Public Heath, University of Ottawa Associate Scientist, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
Room: The Ottawa Hospital
University of Ottawa (2008)
University of Ottawa, Emergency Medicine, 2013
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Research Fellow, 2017
- University of Ottawa, Master of Science, Epidemiology, 2015
- Eagles D, Godwin B, Cheng W, Moors J, Figuiera S, Khoury L, Fournier K, Lampron J. A systematic review and meta-analysis evaluating the impact of geriatric consultation on older trauma patients. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Mar 2020; 88(3): 446-453.
- Yadav K, Nath A, Suh KN, Sikora L, Eagles D. Treatment Failure Definitions for Non-Purulent Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: A Systematic Review. Infection. Feb 2020; 48(1):75-83.
- Eagles D, Otal D, Wilding L, Sinha S, Thiruganasambandamoorthy V, Wells G, Stiell I. Evaluation of the Ottawa 3DY as an Effective Screening Tool for Cognitive Impairment in Older Emergency Department Patients. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, December 2019.
- Yadav K, Boucher V, Carmichael PH, Eagles D, Voyer P, Emond M. Prospective Evaluation of Serial Ottawa 3DY Assessments to Detect Incident Delirium. Age and Ageing, 2019 Dec 1; 49(1):130-134.
- Parks AR, Eagles D, Ge Y, Stiell IG, Cheung W. Barriers and Enablers that Influence Guideline-Based Care of Geriatric Falls Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department. Emergency Medicine Journal, 2019 Dec; 36(12):741-747.
- Yadav K, Suh KN, Eagles D, Thiruganasambandamoorthy V, Wells GA, Stiell IG. Evaluation of an emergency department to outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy program for cellulitis. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. Nov 2019; 37(11):2008-2014.
- MacDonald Z, Stiell I, Genovezos I, Eagles D. Compliance of Older Emergency Department Patients to Community-based Specialized Geriatric Services. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019 Sept; 21(5): 659-666.
- Chabbra S, Eagles D, Kwok E, Perry JJ. Interventions to Reduce Emergency Department Door-to-ECG Times: A Systematic Review. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019 May; 15: 1-11.
- Bédard C, Boucher V, Voyer P, Yadav K, Eagles D, Nadeau A, Carmichael P-H, Pelletier M, Gouin E, Berthelot S, Daoust R, Lague A; Gagné A-J, Emond M. Validation of the O3DY French version (O3DY-F) for the screening of cognitive dysfunction in community seniors in the emergency department. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019 July; 57(1): 59-65.
- Yadav K, Rosenberg H, Eagles D, Suh K. Just the facts: Diagnosis and Management of Non-purulent Cellulitis in the Emergency Department. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019 Mar; 21(2): 186-189.
- Carpenter CR, Banerjee J, Keyes D, Eagles D, Schnitker L, Barbic D, Fowler L, LaMantia MA. Accuracy of Dementia Screening Instruments in Emergency Medicine: A Diagnostic Meta-Analysis. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2019 Feb; 26(2): 226-245.
- Yadav K, Suh KN, Eagles D, MacIsaac J, Ritchie D, Bernick J, Thiruganasambandamoorthy V, Wells GA, Stiell IG. Predictors of oral antibiotic treatment failure for non-purulent skin and soft tissue infections in the emergency department. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2019 Jan; 26(1): 51-59.
- Grant Innes Research Paper and Presentation Award, 2015