Dr. Garrick Mok
Dr. Garrick Mok
Medical School (graduation year)
University of Ottawa, Class of 2017
Emergency Medicine (RCPSC), University of Ottawa
I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' – Muhammad Ali
- Sports (basketball, volleyball, track)
- Mok G, Schouela N, Thurgur L, Ho M, Hall A, Caudle J, Rosenberg H, Syed S Resident learning during a pandemic: recommendations for training programs. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. In press June 2020.
- Maniuk T, Mok G, Schouela N, Thurgur L, Ho M, Fischer L, Syed S Beyond survival – practical wellness tips during the COVID-19 pandemic. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. In press June 2020.
- Mok G, Newton H, Thurgur L, Stiell I. Are ED physicians contributing to the opioid epidemic? Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. In press May 2020.
- Tran A, Fernando S, McIsaac D, Rochwerg B, Mok G, Seely A, Kubelik D, Inaba K, Kim D, Reardon P, Shen J, Tanuseputro P, Thavorn K, Kyeremanteng K. Predictors of mortality and cost among hospitalized surgical patients requiring rapid response team activation. Canadian Journal of Surgery (Accepted Feb 2020)
- Fernando S, Mok G, Castellucci L, Dowlatshahi D, Rochwerg B, McIsaac D, Carrier M, Wells P, Bagshaw S, Fergusson D, Tanuseputro P, Kyeremanteng K. Impact of anticoagulation on mortality and resource utilization among critically ill patients with major bleeding. Critical Care Medicine. In press December 2019.
- Fernando SM, Mok G, Rochwerg B, English SW, Thavorn K, McCredie VA, Dowlatshahi D, Perry JJ, Wijdicks EFM, Reardon PM, Tanuseputro P, Kyeremanteng K. Preadmission Antiplatelet Use and Associated Outcomes and Costs Among ICU Patients with Intracranial Hemorrhage. J Intensive Care Med. In press November 2019.
- Mitchell S, Dionne R, Maloney J, Austin M, Mok G, Sinclair J, Cox C, Le May M, Vaillancourt C. Safety and clinically important events in PCP-initiated STEMI bypass in Ottawa. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. In press Nov 2018.
- Mok G, Vaillancourt R, Irwin D, Wong A, Zemek R, Alqurashi W. Design and validation of pictograms in a pediatric anaphylaxis action plan. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. In press April 2015.