Dr. Paul Pageau MD, CCFP-EM
Dr. Paul Pageau MD, CCFP-EM
Director, Emergency Medicine Ultrasonography and Assistant Professor
- McMaster University (1999)
- CCFP McMaster University
- CCFP-EM University of Western Ontario
‘Communication is everything’
- Advocacy: HHR Emergency Physician shortage, ED Crowding
- Discovering rivers, lakes or trails where there is no cell coverage.
- Gatineau Nordic ski trails on a cold, blue-sky day…. Absolutely priceless.
- Boulanger JM, Lindsay MP, Gubitz G, Smith EE, Stotts G, Foley N, Bhogal S, Boyle K, Braun L, Goddard T, Heran MKS, Kanya-Forster N, Lang E, Lavoie, McClelland M, O’Kelly C, Pageau P, Pettersen J, Purvis H, Shamy M, Tampiere, vanAdel B, Verbeek R, Blacquiere, Casaubon L…Canadian stroke best practice recommendations for acute stroke management: Prehospital, emergency department and acute inpatient stroke care, 6th ed, update 2018. International Journal of Stroke 0(0); 11 May 2018.
- Wein T, Lindsay MP, Cote R, Foley N, Berlinger J, Bhogal S, Bourgoin, Buck BH, Cox J, Davidson D, Dowlatshahi D, Doutetis J, Falconer J, Field T, Gioia L, Gubitz G, Habert J, Jaspers S, Lum C, McNamara Morse D, Pageau P, Rafay M, Rodgerson A, Semchuck B, Sharma M, Shoamanesh A, Tamayo A, Smitko E, Gladstone DJ, Canadian stroke best practice recommendations: Secondary prevention of stroke, sixth edition practice guidelines, update 2017. International Journal of Stroke 0(0); 2017.
- Pageau P, Sinclair D, Abu-Laban RB, Eisner-Parsche P, Frank J, Holroyd BR, LeBlanc C, Toth P, The future of emergency medicine in Canada: Reflections one year after the release of the Collaborative Working Group final report. CJEM 2017;19(S2), S38-9
- Ritcey B, Pageau P, Woo MY, Perry JJ. Regional nerve blocks for hip and femoral neck fractures in the emergency department: A systematic review. CJEM 18(1):p37-47
- Alzahrani H, MMBS, M.Y. Woo, MD, C. Johnson, MD, P. Pageau, MD, S. Millington, MD, V. Thiruganasambandamoorthy, MD, MSc. Can severe aortic stenosis be identified by emergency physicians when interpreting a simplified two-view echocardiogram obtained by trained echocardiographers? Critical ultrasound journal 12/2015 7(1):5.
- Taylor M, MY Woo, MD, P Pageau, MD, MDF McInnes MD, J Watterson MD, J Thompson, JJ Perry MD MSc., Ultrasonography for the prediction of urological surgical intervention in patients with renal colic. Emerg Med J 2016;33:118-123.
- Pageau P, Woo MY, Stiell IG, Tashkandi M, Spacek A, Frank JR. A controlled trial of traditional versus Web-based teaching of point-of-care ultrasound to medical students. CJEM. 2012;14(1):S26.
- Blecher G, Stiell IG, Woo MY, Pageau P, Wells P, McInnis M, Wells G. A comparative accuracy of the Wells score and AMUSE score for the detection of acute lower limb DVT.
- Alzahrani H, MMBS, M.Y. Woo, MD, C. Johnson, MD, P. Pageau, MD, S. Millington, MD, V. Thiruganasambandamoorthy, MD, MSc. Can a simplified two view echocardiogram screen for severe aortic stenosis? Can J Emerg Med. 2014; 15 Suppl 1: S77.
- Woo M. Y., MD, N. Hecht, MBBS, B. Hurley, MD, D. Stitt, BSc, P. Pageau, MD, J. Worrall, MD, M. Reardon, MD, M. Taylor, MD, V. Thiruganasambandamoorthy, MBBS, MSc. Test Characteristics of Point-of-Care Ultrasonography for the Diagnosis of Acute Posterior Ocular Pathology. Can J Emerg Med. 2014; 15 Suppl 1:S39
- Moore J, MD, P. Pageau, MD, C Poulin, BScN, A Willmore, MD, S Duncan, M LeMay, MD, C Osborne, BSc, C Vaillancourt, MD, MSc, Was the return of spontaneous circulation protocol effective? Survival to discharge and adherence to the protocol through a health record review. Can J Emerg Med. 2014; 15 Suppl 1: S43.
- M Le May, C Osborne, J Maloney, P Pageau, C Poulin, M Blondeau, M Nelson, N Tee, M Turek, J Hooper, D Neilipovitz, H Sherrard. Steps in Developing a Regionalized Multidisciplinary CODE ROSC Program for Comatose Survivors of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. October 2012.
2016 Award of Excellence, College of Family Physicians of Canada.