Dr. Michael Wong
Dr. Michael Wong
University of Toronto, 2016
RCPSC Emergency Medicine, University of Ottawa
Point-of-care Ultrasound Fellow, 2019-2020, University of Ottawa
- Ultimate frisbee
“You believed in Santa for 8 years; you can believe in yourself for 10 seconds” – Some guy on the internet
- Wong MKY, Jiang M, Medor MC, Labre KY, Frank JR, Fischer LM, Cheung WJ. Does the public feel prepared to be substitute decision-makers? Gaps in preparedness and support for a high school curriculum: a national survey. Age and Aging. 2020; Article in press.
- Wong, Michael. Wong: Lessons about death from the streets of Ottawa. Ottawa Citizen: Op-Ed. November 18, 2019. https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/wong-lessons-about-death-from-the-streets-of-ottawa
- Talking about death with strangers on the streets [radio broadcast]. Ottawa Morning with Robyn Bresnahan: Ottawa: CBC; November 19, 2019. https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-100-ottawa-morning/clip/15747182-talking-about-death-with-strangers-on-the-streets
- Wong MKY, Medor MC, Labre KY, Jiang M, Frank JR, Fischer LM, Cheung WJ. Gaps in public preparedness to be a substitute decision-maker and the acceptability of high school education on resuscitation and end-of-life care: a mixed-methods study. CMAJ Open. 2019; 7(3):E573-581.
- Wong MKY, Wang JT, Czarnecki A, Koh M, Tu JV, Schull MJ, Wijeysundera HC, Lau C, Ko DT. Factors associated with physician follow-up among chest pain patients discharged from the emergency department. CMAJ. 2015; 187(5):E160-E168.
- Wong MKY, Morrison L, Qiu F, Austin PC. Cheskes S, Dorian P, Scales D, Tu J, Verbeek P, Wijeysundera H, Ko DT. Trends in short and long-term survival among out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients alive at hospital arrival. Circulation. 2014; 130(21):1883-90. Epub 2014 Nov 18.
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Simulation Olympiad, Led runner up team, 2019
- Margaret Farncombe Palliative Care Education Fund, 2018