How to Access Any Journal
- At the University of Ottawa:
- First you need a uOttawa email and your student number. You student number is on your uOttawa student card that you use as a name tag.
- To get your uOttawa email call 613-562-5800 and they should give you the info on how to sign up for it.
- The website is http://biblio.uottawa.ca/en and click on “E-Journals”.
Databases through University of Ottawa Library
Website: Click on “Databases”
the following are the various databases that have many of our texts and journals that I have bolded
- Accessmedicine online to Tintinalli, Atlas of Emergency Medicine, principals of critical care, Harrison’s
- Anatomy.tv 3D interactive anatomy
- Clinical evidence review of evidence based medicine by the publishers of the BMJ. This is a very nice resource for evidence based medicine.
- Cochrane library meta-analysis database
- Dynamed evidence based review of large range of medical topics
- e-Theraputics Canadian based database of medications including an electronic version of the CPS
- MD consult
- access to Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America and all other “Clinics” review journals
- Books: Rosens Emergency Medicine, Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, Wilderness Medicine &
- Multiple journals
- Medline journal abstract database
- Micromedex - a pharmaceutical database with a complete approach to drug information, pharmacology, drug interactions and more
- has Medline search engine
- access to textbooks like Pediatric Emergency Medicine, the ICU Book, etc.
- access to numerous journals
- has Medcalc program which allows calculation of most criteria and decision rules
- multiple textbooks (none that are really important for emergency medicine)
- look at the “Database” links that I have provided above and I have highlighted the various important Emerg Texts
- if you want to search for the electronic version of a specific textbook:
- go to: Library
- click on “Catalogue”
- search the title of your book
- then once you have found your book, click on the link below “electronic access”
Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America
- hard copy is at the Civic Campus Library
- go to: Library
- search for “MD Consult”
- once you have logged-in with your uOttawa info click on “The Clinics” and you will see it listed there.