Office of Marketing and Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications (MarCom) manages strategic communications to promote the Faculty’s brand and reputation of excellence in research and education.
Attracting the finest students, teachers and researchers involves showcasing our unique educational environment, our innovative science and research facilities, and opportunities to learn from world-renowned teachers and excel in one’s field.
We work closely with the FoM’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Research Office and other staff, our University colleagues, and our partner hospitals and research institutes to showcase our most noteworthy stories to the public, demonstrating how our achievements improve societal outcomes. Our reputation depends on us sharing our achievements.
Promote FoM Messaging: How do we share your research, education and clinical news and successes internally and externally?
- Assistance with communications and marketing planning and strategy
- Communications and marketing support for FoM-wide events
- Updates from the dean, including uOMedTalks
- MedPoint web news stories
- MedPoint Email Newsletter
- Management of FoM official bilingual social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Promotional screen displays in Roger Guindon Hall and Peter Morand buildings
- Mass communications to faculty, staff and learners
- Billboards in Roger Guindon Hall and Peter Morand buildings
- Press releases and media relations with uO and hospitals/research institutes
- Advice for videography and video production
Build a Sense of Belonging: How do we encourage internal engagement?
- Work with the Faculty Experience Team (FET) to improve faculty member engagement, with a current focus on recognition
- With FET and other Faculty partners, develop and conduct surveys on engagement-related topics, including the 2017 Faculty Experience Survey and the 2020 faculty and staff Recognition Surveys
- Develop engagement/recognition strategies, focusing on priority areas identified by staff, faculty, and Leadership, including via surveys
- Consult with Leadership and stakeholders across the Faculty on engagement-related topics and action plans
Promote FoM Branding: How do we help you get our brand name out there?
- Branding and logo usage (guidelines, customized templates, advice, approvals)
- Graphic design
- Design and procurement of FoM branded promotional items
- Boutique—FoM swag
- Design and production of permanent installations and outdoor banners
FoM’s Main Communication Tool: How do we manage the FoM’s web content?
- Web development for FoM website and sub-sites
- Monitoring consistency, quality, health, usage and accessibility of sites
- Identifying technical problems
- Managing layout, navigation and updates
- Implementing migrations and updates to Drupal
- Handling customized web requests
- Development of training material and delivering training to FoM web content editors
Monika MacLaren, MBA
Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications and Engagement
613-562-5800 ext. 8920
Content Creation Lead
613-562-5800 ext. 8374
Marketing and Communications Writer
613-562-5800 ext. 3362
Marketing and Communications Officer
613-562-5800 ext. 7476
Web Content Management Specialist
613-562-5800 ext. 8294
613-562-5800 ext. 6968
Project Manager, Faculty Engagement
613-562-5800 ext. 3858