CIHR awards over $21.5M to research teams from uOttawa Faculty of Medicine and affiliated institutes
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2022
The Spring 2022 Project Grant competition of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) has granted more than $21.5M to thirty research teams from the Faculty of Medicine and affiliated research institutes to support their innovative research projects.
The overall success rate of close to 28% is higher than the national success rate of 19.3%.
The Project Grant Program supports researchers in all areas of health and aims to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. Thank you to CIHR for their continued support for Faculty of Medicine researchers, who continue to make the Faculty of Medicine a leading research-intensive institution.
Congratulations to the research teams on behalf of the entire Faculty!
- Bennett, Steffany - Lipophenomics of Dementia: Sex-specific metabolic determinants of risk and resiliency
- Blais, Alexandre - Gene regulatory network controlling muscle stem cell function
- Chen, Hsiao-Huei - A possible treatment to ameliorate autism spectrum disorders.
- Copeland, John W - The role of FMNL2 in invasion and metastasis
- Cowan, Kyle - The role of Pannexin 1 in Skeletal Muscle Regeneration and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Dilworth, Jeffrey - Role for defective enhancer commissioning in the hypotonia phenotype of Kabuki Syndrome patients
- Fergusson, Dean A - Intraoperative pharmacologic opioid minimization strategies and patient-centred outcomes after surgery: a scoping review
- Freeman, Ellen - Enhancing the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging for research on vision and eye disease through linkage with health administrative data and grading of retinal images
- Gibbings, Derrick J – New Mechanisms and Therapeutic Strategies in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Harper, Mary-Ellen - Skeletal muscle energetics and metabolic programming in treatment -sensitive and -resistant obesity
- Hundemer, Gregory - Artificial Intelligence for the Prevention of Unplanned Dialysis
- Hutton, Brian - Knowledge Syntheses to Identify Best Treatments for Cancer Related Neurocognitive Dysfunction in Cancer Survivors
- Ilkow, Carolina: Designing oncolytic rhabdoviruses for horizontal delivery of artificial microRNAs
- Jahani-Asl, Arezu - Transcriptional Control of Glioma Stem Cells by a Novel LGALS1/HOXA5 Signalling Pathway
- Lalu, Manoj: Patient engagement in basic science: co-development and pilot evaluation of a novel framework
- MacFadden, Derek - A Cluster Randomized Cross-over Trial of an Antibiotic Decision Support Intervention in Sepsis (IDEAS II)
- Martel, Guillaume - DRAGON 2 - An international multicenter randomized controlled trial to compare combined Portal and Hepatic Vein Embolization (PVE/HVE) with PVE alone in liver surgery and A Delphi survey to generate consensus among international experts on elements of an intraoperative transfusion protocol
- McIsaac, Daniel - The Anesthesia for Lower limb revascularization to Optimize Functional OuTcomes (ALOFT) Trial: a pilot multicenter randomized trial
- Nair, Girish - SUNRISE International Study of Movement Behaviours in the Early Years
- Presseau, Justin - Expanding source plasma donation in Canada: Enhancing the capability, opportunity, and motivation of under-represented Canadians to donate plasma
- Robaey, Philippe - Developing collaboratively a shared decision making tool for home-based videoconferencing versus in person care in child and youth mental health
- Rudnicki, Michael - Muscle Stem Cell Function in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Stanford, William - Dissecting the roles of the Polycomb protein MTF2 in leukemogenesis
- Stewart, Duncan - Microvascular Endothelial Loss and Regeneration in Acute Lung Injury
- Sun, Louise - Sex, gender and intersecting social factors within interprofessional cardiac operating room teams: A new, multi-methods approach to optimizing practice, provider well-being, and patient outcomes
- Suuronen, Erik - Glyoxalase-1 loaded nanoparticles for reducing methylglyoxal and promoting vascular repair and cardiac function after myocardial infarction
- Thebaud, Bernard - Endothelial progenitor cell-based therapies for neonatal pulmonary hypertension
- Thiruganasambandamoorthy,Venkatesh - Multi-Centre Cluster-Randomized Implementation of Canadian Syncope Pathway for Emergency Department Syncope Management
- Tiberi, Mario - Role of Membrane-Associated Guanylate Kinases (MAGUKs) in Dopamine Receptor Signaling
- Tremblay, Mark - SUNRISE International Study of Movement Behaviours in the Early Years