COVID-19 Update: Lifting of Restrictions
Email from the Office of the President
On Wednesday, November 17, the University released the following message: “Winter 2022 term and 2022-2023 academic year”.
The email outlined important information regarding the upcoming year:
- The University is planning for the vast majority of faculty and staff members to the return to campus progressively over the month of January.
- This will be followed by the full return to campus of our students in the fall of 2022.
- During the pandemic most of us have worked remotely, and we have learned from this period of disruption. As a result, a hybrid of on-site work and telework will be available to some – depending on their roles and departmental policies – at the start of 2022.
- HR will send out a more detailed email concerning telework shortly.
COVID-19 Lifting of Restrictions
Below is the latest information on capacity limits and face masking requirements across uOttawa campuses:
There are no longer any capacity limits in indoor or outdoor spaces across campus in accordance with public health guidelines.
Face masking requirements:
All individuals on campus must wear a face mask, indoors and outdoors, with the following exceptions:
- When seated to eat or drink in the cafeteria or provisional lunchrooms and at athletics/sports facilities.
- In outdoor instructional areas if physical distancing (2 metres or more) can be maintained.
- In indoor/outdoor non-instructional spaces that are not accessible to the general public (e.g. offices, closed workspaces, mechanical areas) if physical distancing (2 metres or more) can be maintained and/or physical barriers are present.
- Note that in indoor instructional spaces such as classrooms, instructors and other teaching personnel may remove their masks if physical distancing (2 metres or more) can be maintained and/or when physical barriers are present between them and other individuals. A mask must be worn in lab spaces along with any required PPE.