Dr. Vivian Welch* PhD MSc BSc
Dr. Vivian Welch* PhD MSc BSc
Room: 85 Primrose Avenue
Office: (613) 562-6262 ext. 2904
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Vivian Welch is Editor in Chief of the Campbell Collaboration (www.campbellcollaboration.org) and director of the Methods Centre at the Bruyère Research Institute and Assistant Professor at the School of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Ottawa. Vivian's research interests are focused on analytic methods in systematic reviews and guidelines to answer questions about global health and health equity. These include methods such as stakeholder involvement, replication of systematic reviews and use of logic models.
Dr. Welch holds an Ontario Early Researcher Award (2014-2019). Dr. Welch is a co-convenor of the Campbell and Cochrane Equity Methods Group and the Cochrane Agenda Setting and Priority Setting group and co-director of Cochrane Global Ageing. She leads the GRADE working group (http://www.gradeworkinggroup.org/) on considering health equity in guideline development.
- Welch V, Norheim O, Jull J, Cookson R, Sommerfelt H, Tugwell P et al. CONSORT-Equity 2017 extension and elaboration for better reporting of health equity in randomised trials. BMJ 2017; 359: j5085.
- Welch V, Doull M, Yoganathan M, Jull J, Boscoe M, Coen SE, Marshall Z, Pardo Pardo J, Pederson A, Petkovic J, Puil L, Quinlan L, Shea B, Rader T. Runnels V, Tudiver S. Reporting of sex and gender in randomized controlled trials in Canada: a cross-sectional methods study. Research Integrity and Peer Review. 2017;2:15.
- Welch VA, Akl EA, Guyatt G, Pottie K, Eslava-Schmalbach J, Ansari MT, de Beer H, Briel M, Dans T, Dans I, Hultcrantz M, Jull J, Katikireddi SV, Meerpohl J, Morton R, Mosdol A, Petkovic J, Schünemann H, Sharaf R, Singh J, Stanev R, Tonia T, Tristan M, Vitols S, Watine J, Tugwell P. GRADE Equity guidelines 1: Health equity in guideline development- introduction and rationale. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017 Apr 12. pii: S0895-4356(17)30339-6
- Welch VA, Akl EA, Pottie K, Ansari MT, Briel M, Christensen R, Dans A, Dans L, Eslava-Schmalbach JH, Guyatt G, Hultcrantz M, Jull J, Katikireddi SV, Lang E, Matovinovic E, Meerpohl JJ, Morton R, Mosdøl A, Murad MH, Petkovic J, Schünemann H, Sharaf R, Shea B, Singh JA, Solà I, Stanev R, Stein AT, Thabane L, Tonia T, Tristan M, Vitols S, Watine J, Tugwell P. GRADE Equity Guidelines 3: Health equity considerations in rating the certainty of synthesized evidence. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; S0895-4356(17)30340-2.
- Welch VA, Ghogomu E, Hossain A, Awasthi S, Bhutta Z, Cumberbatch C, Fletcher R, McGowan J, Krishnaratne S, Kristjansson E, Sohani S, Suresh S, Tugwell P, White H, Wells GA. Mass deworming to improve developmental health and wellbeing of children in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Jan;5(1):e40-e50.
- Welch VA, Ghogomu E, Hossain A, Awasthi S, Bhutta Z, Cumberbatch C, Fletcher R, McGowan J, Krishnaratne S, Kristjansson E, Sohani S, Suresh S, Tugwell P, White H, Wells GA. Deworming and Adjuvant Interventions for Improving the Developmental Health and Well-being of Children in Low- and Middle-income Countries: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis. (Review). Campbell Library, Sept 2016. Available at: https://www.campbellcollaboration.org/library/deworming-and-adjuvant-interventions-for-improving-the-developmental-health-and-well-being-of-children-in-low-and-middle-income-countries-a-systematic-review-and-network-meta-analysis.html
- Welch V, Petticrew M, Petkovic J, Moher D, Waters E, White H, Tugwell P and the PRISMA-Equity Bellagio group. Extending the PRISMA Statement to Equity-Focused Systematic Reviews (PRISMA-E 2012): Explanation and elaboration. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2016 Feb;70:68-89
- Welch VA, Petticrew M, O’Neill J, Waters E, Armstong R, Bhutta Z, Francis D, Perez-Koehlmoos T, Kristjansson E, Pantoja T, Tugwell P. Health equity: evidence synthesis and knowledge translation methods. Systematic Reviews, 2013; 2:43. Highly accessed (875 accesses from Jun 22, 2013 to July 30, 2013)