Are you tired of “fixing” conditions that could have been prevented? Save time by recommending the Canbewell app, a reliable resource complete with videos and interactive information to your patients. Patients can access information on this app that will make your visit with them (virtual or in-person) shorter and smoother. This may include:
- Instructions for locating the closest food bank during the pandemic.
- An interactive tool for patients to determine cardiovascular age or risk.
Canbewell is the only Canadian preventive care app for adults providing bilingual evidence-based information to patients and providers. The app was developed by Dr. Cleo Mavriplis and collaborators thanks to a DFM PRIME grant. Recently, the app was presented at AFHTO and was chosen as a subject for the podcast, Healthcare Changemakers (listen to the episode).
How to get involved
- Collaborators to keep an eye out for updates in their preferred topic of preventive care.
- Suggestions for funding opportunities to keep the app operational and up-to-date.
- Your opinion on whether COVID-19 should be included as a topic (difficult to keep up to date!).
Share your thoughts with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's next for Canbewell?
- Scaling the app for use across Canada.
- Adding more content for marginalized populations.
- Thanks to an FMRSP project by Dr. Marie-Ève Eyahpaise (PGY2, Montfort), preventative care information for transgender patients will soon be included.