- RIO Day is in less than a month! Remember to save the date for Thursday, June 10.
- The next Faculty Development Half Day is May 19! Register online.
- Voices Rock Med-Connect is a community for women physicians to connect, belong and support each other through a mutual interest in music and singing. Under the professional direction of Anthony Bastianon, physicians learn about 14 rock and pop songs, create audio recordings for some songs, host virtual open-mic nights and get to learn about each other in online chats. This 28-week season runs from September 23, 2021, thru May 19, 2022, and offers a safe place for doctors to express themselves, decompress, breathe and sing while enjoying a wonderful community of women. Learn more and sign up for the women's virtual choir.
- The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University, London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St. Joseph's Health Care London are seeking an innovative and visionary Chair/Chief for the Department of Family Medicine. Read more. Interested candidates should submit an application including a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references, and please ensure this form is included with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queen's University is looking for full-time physicians working in rural Ontario during the COVID-19 pandemic for a qualitative study. This study aims to understand the psychological impacts of the pandemic on rural physicians and the causes behind any challenges. Eligible participants will be thanked for their time with a $50 gift card to the Society of Rural Physicians of Canada store. For more information or to participate in the study, view the poster.
- Neurology for Non-Neurologists is on June 11. Register online. View the program. Contact: 613-761-4480 / email@example.com.
- Dr. Parisa Rezaiefar created a video and a reflection to share as a tribute to her mom this Mother’s Day. Growing up in Iran as a little girl, she recalls two instances that formed her advocacy role and interest in inclusion and diversity as a family physician.
- The Update in Dermatology is on May 20. Register online. View the program. Contact: 613-761-4480 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FINAL REMINDER: The University of Ottawa invites applications for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Social Accountability. The deadline to apply is May 11.
Awards and Recognition
Kudos to Dr. Flavia Sendi-Mukasa, a former Primrose resident who spoke at the African Canadian Association of Ottawa’s COVID-19 Vaccines Townhall on May 8.
View the DFM Faculty Development Schedule for a list of upcoming events.
The Seed Funding Opportunity provides support to new researchers at the University of Ottawa by enabling them to conduct research which lays the groundwork for new and competitive research grant applications to the Tri-Agencies. For more information, please consult the Internal Sources of Funding as well as your faculty's research facilitator. The application deadline is June 15.
The Bridge Funding Opportunity (BFO) provides funding to help established researchers improve an unsuccessful application. It will help improve a Tri-council application by enabling the researcher to address the peer review comments. For more information, please contact info-sgr-rms@uOttawa.ca. The application deadline is June 15.
Are you looking for funding for an innovative idea? Visit our funding opportunities webpage for more information and for a list of funding opportunities.