The Ottawa Practice Enhancement Network (OPEN) is your regional Practice-Based Learning Network focused on strengthening primary care. We support a culture of inquiry and action-oriented scholarship that is responsive to the needs of our practices. Over 2,000 Family Physicians across Canada already participate in their regional Practice-Based Learning Network.
- Join a community of like-minded practices in the region and receive up to date information on best clinical practices, CPD opportunities, and more
- Contribute your EMR data to receive regular reports based on cleaned and standardized EMR data
- Address your and your residents' research and QI efforts with tailored EMR reports and support
Top five applications of your EMR data
- Understand the profile of your practice: Receive practice reports based on your EMR data
- Track selected indicators for your practice over time: Monitor your practice statistics over time and maintain close oversight of your target indicators.
- Create disease registries that include information to help you optimize care
- Identify patients who require action: Receive a list of patients for a targeted intervention based on your practice priorities (e.g., patients overdue for test)
- Assess the impacts of your efforts to improve quality: Track your indicators over time, before and after you introduced changes to improve quality