Programs and Admission
Why Graduate Studies at the Faculty of Medicine?
Our Program Priorities
- Providing students with an outstanding education, exceptional research skills and an unparalleled experience.
- Offering financial assistance to students through a number of initiatives: a minimum stipend policy for students in the Basic Sciences programs as well as teaching and research assistantships for students in the MSc Epidemiology program.
- Introducing the next generation of prominent researchers, whose commitment to learning and discovery will not only increase the Faculty of Medicine’s levels of research intensity but also redefine what is possible.
Building in its research excellence, The Faculty of Medicine has identified three strategic research initiatives:
- University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute
- Centre of Excellence in Vascular/Cardiovascular Medicine
- Applied Health Research Network
Graduate Studies Specialities
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Neuromuscular conditions
- Brain and mind
- Human genome epidemiology
- Population health
- Preventive medicine
- Stem cells
- Parkinson’s disease
- Vaccine development
Through its Graduate Studies Program, the Faculty of Medicine is developing tomorrow’s scientific leaders and helping to ensure Canada’s future healthcare and research capacity.