The Microprogram in Introduction to Health Education lays the foundation for the theoretical and practical aspects of health education and allows you to deepen your knowledge in the field while strengthening your leadership.
Please note that the graduate programs in health education offered in French are different from the Health Professions Education programs offered at the Faculty of Education in English.
The programs in French are offered through a partnership between the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ottawa.
For more information on the joint programs offered by the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Medicine, please consult the Office of Francophone Affairs' website.
Expected duration of the program: 2 terms; 8 consecutive months.
- Term 1: Completion of one of the following courses
- EDU 6531 Enseigner en santé (partie 1)
- MED 6531 Enseigner en santé (partie 1)
- Term 2: Completion of one of the following courses
- EDU 6532 Enseigner en santé (partie 2)
- MED 6532 Enseigner en santé (partie 2)
The registration process for a Microprogram depends on your student status.
Students already admitted and enrolled in a graduate program
Students wishing to pursue a graduate program must apply for, and be admitted to, their graduate program before they enroll in a second Graduate Microprogram identified within their existing program.
If you have already enroll in a graduate studies program and would like to add a microprogram to your program of study, contact your faculty’s graduate studies office.
Students pursuing a Graduate Microprogram, without being admitted to or intending to complete a graduate program, must obtain the prior approval of the academic unit offering the Graduate Microprogram.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in science, health sciences or an equivalent discipline, or an undergraduate doctorate degree in medicine or pharmacy
- Have relevant work experience
- Have an overall average of at least 70% (B), calculated in accordance with graduate studies guidelines
- Understand and be fluent in the language of instruction: French
Before submitting an application, please consult our application deadlines for more information.
Submit an Application
If you would like to enroll in the Microprogram without being admitted in a graduate studies program, you must submit the following documents to the Faculty of Medicine's Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office by email at grad.med@uOttawa.ca.
- Admission application form
- Copies of transcripts from all universities you have attended