Professionalism and Professional Skills Course
In-class workshops held on Friday, September 15 and 22 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., room RGN2149, 451 Smyth Road
This course includes five workshops (two in-class and three online) on basic professional skills related to academic integrity, proper referencing techniques, avoidance of plagiarism, professional etiquette, public speaking, time and stress management, conflict management, teamwork, knowing when and how to access student support services.
- Workshop 1 : Research Management (Online course)
- Workshop 2 : Academic and Professional Communication for New Researchers (Online course)
- Workshop 3 : Mental Health and Wellness (September 15)
- Workshop 4 : Academic Integrity and Plagiarism (September 22)
- Workshop 5 : Respect in the Workplace (Online course)
How to enrol to MED8166
Enrol to MED8166 via your Student Centre in uoZone (in the ‘Applications’ tab).
This course is compulsory for all students enrolled in a masters or doctoral program and attendance is mandatory for all workshops.
If you are unable to enrol due to a conflict with another activity, please submit a Service Request to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office to be manually enrolled.
Here is a brief step-by-step guide on how to submit a Service Request to be manually enrolled in a course:
- Log into your uoZone account.
- Click on the ‘Applications’ tab, and then on the ‘Service Requests’ icon
- Click on ‘Create New Request’
- Under ‘Select a Request Category’, select ‘General’, and then click on ‘Next’
- Select the Service Request ‘Modification or Cancellation of Registration’
- Duly complete and attach the Modification/Cancellation of Registration (Graduate Studies)’ form.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
For more detailed instructions with images, please consult the Service Request Guide for Graduate Students (page 4, section 4).
To receive your grade for MED8166
- Successfully complete a short test at the end of each in-class session
- Submit your certificate of completion for each online workshop to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office by Friday, October 20th.