Welcome to All of Our New Students!
We are confident that you will take advantage of the resources that are available to you to fully benefit from your student experience within the Faculty of Medicine.
To get off to a good start, we encourage you to read the information below.
The Next Steps!
1. Make sure you meet the conditions of your admission offer that are in your uoZone account uoZone.
2. When you have fulfilled all the conditions of your offer of admission: register for your courses before the deadline.
Log in to the uoZone portal and choose your courses to complete your registration.
- To know the dates of the registration period.
- For more information on the steps to follow to register for your courses.
- To find out which courses you should take, consult the overview page of your program.
Registration for ongoing activities:
- List of ongoing activities: Seminar, thesis activity, research project activity, comprehensive exam, etc.
- You are responsible for maintaining your registration for all terms, that is, for registering for ongoing activities for all terms if the final grade is not awarded. Registration for these activities is not automatic.
3. Pay your Tuition Fees.
4. Activate your @uOttawa.ca email.
- Once enrolled to your courses, you will receive a message to your personal email address with the details of your @uOttawa email account.
- To read messages sent to your @uottawa.ca email address, go to www.g.uottawa.ca and enter your username and password.
- All university communications will now be sent to your @uOttawa.ca email. You must use this same email to communicate with our office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- This same account will allow you to access the online tools available in uoZone, our student portal.
If you have technical difficulties with your account, contact the information technology office.
5. Get Your Cards.
- Get your uOttawa card and U-Pass.
The uOttawa card is the official student identity card for the University of Ottawa. It integrates several functions such as shopping on campus and giving you access to a wide range of student services.
Order your uottawa card online.
6. Learn about the important stages of your educational journey by reading the overview of your program carefully.
Among other things, you will:
- Have your first meeting with your thesis committee before December 31.
- Attend a number of seminars in the fall and winter and record all the seminars you have attended on the Student Seminar Report form.
A meeting will be organized at the beginning of the fall term with your program director who will discuss the important stages of your program. More information on this activity will be emailed to all new students. It is important to register for this back-to-school orientation activity.
7. Check the funding sources available.
8. Add important dates and academic deadlines to your calendar.
9. Register for the back to school activities
- Orientation activity of the Faculty of Medicine.
Meet with your program director.
- Activities organized by your student associations
Other activities that may interest you
- University welcome week.
- Community life service activities life
- Back to school activity of the graduate student association (GSAD)
The University of Ottawa and the Faculty of Medicine offer a variety of resources across its campuses.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the content of the following web pages:
- Off-campus Housing Services
- Training: Risk Management
- Academic Integrity
- Graduate Students responsibilities (Rights and Responsibilities)
- Survival Guide (PDF)