Why uOmed Graduate Studies?
Top reasons to pursue graduate and postdoctoral studies at uOttawa’s Faculty of Medicine:
- Diverse opportunities: The Faculty offers five main programs at the MSc and PhD levels (Cellular and Molecular Medicine; Neuroscience; Microbiology and Immunology; Biochemistry; Epidemiology), three collaborative programs at the MSc and PhD levels (Human and Molecular Genetics; Bioinformatics; Pathology and Experimental Medicine), a Graduate graduate Diploma diploma in Population Health Risk Assessment and Management, and an MD/PhD Programprogram.
- Exceptional funding: Currently,O over 76% of our current graduate students were awardedhold an admission or excellence scholarship, and over 35% were awardedhold an external scholarship (CIHR, NSERC, OGS or QEII). Since 2003, we have had the second-highest growth rate in overall Tri-Council funding and the third-highest growth rate in Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) funding.
- Advanced core facilities and world-renowned professors: Our faculty members are leading experts that who teach and support our students and postdoctoral fellows in a challenging environment supported by cutting-edge core facilities where discoveries contribute to medical research, both nationally and internationally.
- Research-intensive setting: Our affiliated research institutes at Bruyère, CHEO, Montfort, The Ottawa Hospital, The Royal, and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute offer a vast and unique blend of research possibilities for students interested in a career in biomedical and population sciences.
- Global relevance and competitive ranking: We are currently ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for clinical medicine (78th) and among the top 200 for life sciences (189th), according to by the National Taiwan University rankings. In Canada, we are currently second for in medical and science grants, according to Maclean’s magazine.