All accidents, injuries, or health emergencies must be reported as soon as possible to aid in the investigation of causes, remediation of issues, as well as helping any potential insurance issues. Please fill out the online Accidents, Incidents, and Occupational Disease reporting form.
In the case of all serious health emergencies or injuries, call Protection at x5411. Serious health emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Life is in jeopardy
- Substantial loss of blood
- Limb fracture
- Burns to a major portion of the body
- Loss of sight in an eye
The Protection Services Dispatcher will:
- Coordinate the appropriate response from the City of Ottawa (fire, ambulance, etc.).
- Be sure to provide as much necessary information as you can about the incident, the location, etc.
- Send a University officer to your location to provide initial care
- Alert the Faculty Health, Safety and Risk Management office to help expedite the response.
To deal with other issues, there are several Designated First Aiders located throughout the Health Sciences Campus: