All persons working at the University of Ottawa, whether it’s paid work, course work or volunteer work, have certain training sessions to complete within their first few days. The training ensures that the University of Ottawa fulfills its commitment to creating and ensuring safe working environments for the whole uOttawa community. We recognize that most persons will not require all of the job-specific training, but if working in a lab, then completing Laboratory Safety and Autoclave Safety is required. Check with your supervisor to see if other training sessions are required as well.
Need to verify when you last completed a course? Go to My Training Profile and sign in.
Mandatory training for all paid personnel, students (honours and co-op) and volunteers
- WHMIS Office or WHMIS Laboratory (Valid 5 years)
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness (One-time certificate)
- Respect in the Workplace (One-time certificate)
- Violence Prevention (One-time certificate)
- Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (One-time certificate)
- Working Together: The Code and the AODA (One-time certificate)
- Digital Self-Defence (One-time certificate)
- Module 1: What to do if someone discloses an alleged incident of sexual violence (One-time certificate)
Mandatory training for all supervisors
- Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness (One-time certificate)