University of Ottawa
Faculty of Medicine
451 Smyth Road
ENHANCED SKILLS FAMILY PRACTICE ANESTHESIA PROGRAM DIRECTOR
UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY MEDICINE
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine
Job Reports to: DFM Director of Postgraduate Program, and Director of PGY-3 Enhanced Skills for Family Practice (ESFP), DFM for educational concerns and planning, evaluation policies and procedures
Time Commitment: One (1) half day per week
Term of Office: Three (3) years renewable at the discretion of the Director of Postgraduate Program
Description of Portfolio/Responsibilities
- Oversee the PGY-3 educational program for residents following CCFP Accreditation standards for FPA.
- Implement the required elements of the curriculum by coordinating and scheduling core teaching blocks and oversee content of electives.
- Chair, and hold regular RPC meetings with training committee to review program, curriculum, and adopt improvements
- Include the development and monitoring of the delivery of the formal teaching curriculum for the residents
- Encourage and promote novel teaching/learning models within their PGY-3 program
- Act as liaison with program teaching faculty between DFM, and Faculty of medicine to encourage Faculty Development of Faculty
- Act as liaison between DFM and Program to increase resident exposure to comprehensive Family medicine
- Collaborate with the residents in their program to review the training program, identify problem areas and develop strategies to improve the delivery of the postgraduate program
- Hold and document regular In-training Evaluation (ITER) meetings at FP Anesthesia RPC, and update ESFP ITER committee meetings
- Meet regularly with residents to provide Structured Interim Progress Reviews
- Assist with residents in difficulty by collaborating with the resident, preceptors and the Director of PGY-3 ESFP. Assist in the development of learning plans and/or remediation contracts if deemed necessary in keeping with DFM and U of O policies and procedures
- Ensure that residents are properly oriented to the university of Ottawa environment and their program including all program policies and expectations.
- Collaborate with the Director of PGY-3 ESFP and the other ESFP Program Directors to support and maintain an innovative and dynamic residency training program throughout the department of Family Medicine
- Encourage and promote activities to promote resident well-being
- Develop a positive working relationship with the PGY-3 ESFP Program Director and other ESFP Program Directors
- Attend the ESFP Training Committee meetings and other subcommittees and Annual retreat to assist in developing and maintaining the ESFP residency training program.
- Prepare materials and participate in accreditation with DFM
- Participate in the resident selection process for their area of focus
The FPA Program Director will liaise with Program Director of Anesthesia to discuss resident evaluations, curriculum development, including training opportunities and to resolve conflicts pertaining to these rotations.
- PGY-3 ESFP Training Committee, DFM
- Chair of FP Anesthesia Residency Program Committee Member of FRCP Anesthesia RPC
- Member, University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine, Postgraduate Committee
Provides regular reports to the PGY-3 ESFP Training Committee and to the Anesthesia RPC, where appropriate
- Family physician, actively engaged in clinical medicine
- License to practice in Ontario
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience
- Demonstrated facility in both French and English preferred
We will keep accepting applications until the position is filled. Submit your CV and cover letter to Dr. Lindsay Bradley, Director, PGY3 Enhanced Skills for Family Practice (ESFP), Department of Family Medicine at email@example.com .
The University of Ottawa is committed to ensuring equity, diversity and inclusion in the scholarly and leadership environments of our students, staff, and faculty. Accordingly, we strongly encourage applications from, Indigenous persons, racialized persons (visible minorities), persons with disabilities, women, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with equitable, diverse and inclusive communities. Candidates who wish to be considered as a member of one or more designated groups are asked to complete the confidential Self-Identiﬁcation Questionnaire, to be completed at the time of application. Please take note of this posting number. This questionnaire can be found online.
According to government policy, all qualified candidates are invited to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadians and permanent residents. When submitting your application, please indicate if you are legally entitled to work in Canada.
The University of Ottawa provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are invited to proceed in the selection process, please notify us of any accommodations that you require by contacting the Office of the Vice-Provost, Faculty Relations at 613-562-5958. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The University of Ottawa is proud of its 160-year tradition of bilingualism. Through its Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute, the University provides training to staff members and to their spouses in their second official language. At the time of tenure, professors are expected to have the ability to function in a bilingual setting.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) and with University Policy 90, your personal information is collected under the authority of the University of Ottawa Act, 1965 and is intended to be used for the purpose of and those consistent with your employment application and the administration of your employment relationship, if established. If you have any questions regarding this collection of personal information, please contact Office of the Vice-Provost, Faculty Relations at (613) 562-5958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.