We offer a wide variety of computer support services ranging from hardware/software troubleshooting, software installation, configuration, virus removal, and more. We understand the importance and reliance of IT equipment in your daily routine and will make every effort to resolve your computer issues as quickly and efficiently as possible in order for you to get back to work. In the event that we are unable to resolve your issue with expediency, we will offer you a loaner laptop while we resolve your issue.
Our IT Support Specialists will diagnose and troubleshoot your computer issues with expediency and professionalism.
There are a few cases where students will be required to have their laptop fixed by a 3rd party or sent back to their manufacturer:
- In the event of a physical (hardware) problem with the laptop, our specialists are not able to physically open the computer in order to repair the problem.
- Due to University of Ottawa software licensing agreements, we are unable to re-install licensed software (ie: Microsoft Windows, Office, Adobe Suite, Apple Mac OS X) on student laptops.
All computers labelled with a Medtech sticker or computers without a Medtech sticker will be supported on a best-effort level. We will attempt to diagnose the issue and provide you with the information you need to contact your original manufacturer to have the computer or laptop repaired.
For all unsupported computers, Medtech:
- Will do basic troubleshooting or virus cleaning.
- Will install university-provided software such as Microsoft Office, virus software, etc.
- Will attempt to diagnose physical hardware problems, but not fix.
- Will not install or re-install the operating system.
- Will not physically open the computer or repair any hardware issues.
We strongly recommend you purchase standard university equipment from Dell or Apple to take advantage of our support services as these will be the only computers to carry a green Medtech supported sticker. Our expert IT Support Specialists and management team can assist you in building the ideal solution for your needs using supported equipment. Please contact us for more details.