Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
For MSc and PhD research experiences and MPH practicum placements, the goal is to try to ensure an educational experience that is enriching and safe for students as well as the host communities.
- Global public health practicums allow MPH students to undertake a practicum placement in a low- or middle-income country setting to gain practical skills and experience in public health competencies.
- Global health research experiences allow MSc and PhD students the opportunity to undertake thesis-related research in international resource-poor settings.
MSc and PhD Students should consider the following:
- All thesis-related travel should be approved by the student’s thesis supervisor prior to registering with the GHP.
- Travel dates may vary depending on their program of studies.
MPH Students should consider the following:
- Practicum placements must be 420 hours/12-16 weeks and travel dates are usually during the summer.
- Inquiries about MPH practicum placements must be sent to the MPH educational officer at MPHseph@uottawa.ca.
For information on setting up your placement and the application process for all international placements please refer to IGHO International Mobility.