Undergraduate Medical Education
Students planning to do an international placement must keep in mind the following:
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of 2 months prior to the start date of the placement.
- International placements for UGME students must be a minimum 70hours/2weeks
- Pre-departure training is a mandatory requirement to be approved for an international placement
- Travel dates for first and second year UGME students are during the summer, and upper year UGME students from September to February.
- Students must be in good academic standing, as verified with the UGME office.
Notice to 4th year students
- Students who wish to do an international research placement, must first complete and submit (to the Liaison Officer Year 4) a research elective application form (pdf, 327.87 KB) to obtain approval.
- Students cannot travel during the period including the CaRMS match day.
Students seeking a global health experience in a low-middle income country, should visit the Global Health section.